View Single Post
Old March 18th, 2010
Novicius

clubdude is flying high

Thanks, m'Lord.
I got the $13.95 deal because I had been considering going to Pro for a while, and wanted to compare it to the free version. I play in a cover band, so all I do is download 1 or 2 songs a week. I make cd's for a Tascam machine that can change pitch and temp, independently, and then I delete the songs. And this computer is dedicated to my music studio. I don't surf or get emails on it (other than subscription confirmations, etc).

You are correct in that I should have backed it up with my EHD, but it got corrupted very soon after I went to Pro, and I certainly didn't want to backup corrupted files. I took it to a shop first, and they said the only fix was a full Recovery disc.

The most aggravating factor is what all LW considers "support". I type my email address in, and it comes back saying "no support". I got their phone number off of my credit card statement. And then I had to get in through "billing issues". I've always considered support to be tech support or billing support, but you can't even get to them to let them know all you really want is a "receipt" for what you paid for.

Looks bad on LW, imho. Sometimes in marketing you have to give a little to get a greater return. Now they have turned me totally off, obviously. So, it is a valid question to ask why would I even consider the Pro support. (I just want the software upgrade) I've downloaded the free version, but it's still the principle of getting the software I paid for... Not the tech support. They can give me a refund if they want to, but I really just like to have the Pro software, even without support.

Thanks again for you help. Much appreciated.
cd