View Single Post
Old March 29th, 2010
Valued Member

ukbobboy01 will become famous soon enough
Default The never ending story

Well PickaxeFairy

Not sure how to reply to your post so I'll start off this way:

The lady at my place of work has had another visit from the tech guys, two this time, in order to resolve her problem. If you remember, they got her son's laptop wirelessly connected to her modem but not her main Dell PC.

However, this time two tech guys managed to loose her son's connection without establishing a connection for her main PC, and then throwing some goobledegook over their shoulders they left.

She was so angry that she threatened to go back to dial-up, and to add insult to injury, after phoning the help line, they tried to get her to set up the equipment after three engineers failed.

I asked her to bring in her manuals and the wi-fi connectors to take a look at, from what I could see there was no reason why this equipment failed to work. So I advised her to call in the engineers again (for the last time), get them to move the modem from her upstairs room and install it, with the yellow RJ45 cable, next to her main PC. I also offered to be with her when the engineer paid her a visit.

I can confirm that her modem does work because she was able to connect her (work) Bl@ckberry to it wirelessly without any difficulty whatsoever.

And finally, her ISP (the one she is having so much trouble with) is Virgin Media.

Nuff said.

UK Bob

PS "Bl@ckberry" seems to be a forbidden word