Thread: Features doubts
View Single Post
Old April 7th, 2010
Apprentice

zageyiff is flying high
Default Features doubts

Hi all,

I've trying to find specific information about the features that Phex uses but I haven't been able to find anything.

* Which gnutella version is phex implementing. As I found there are different specification.

* Which search mecanism it uses. Looking at the source code I've found it uses Dynamic Queries, I just want to make sure here. And is it the only mechanism used?

* I've been looking for a way to do a hashcode search programatically using the phex source code. I haven't found anything, can anyone point me in the right direction.

* It would be great to have a firewall to firewall transfer, which I see is in the roadmap (http://www.phex.org/wiki/index.php/Roadmap). The question here is if there is an estimated time for when the development on this feature will start and how long will it take?
I see there's also a feature to support the limewire's mojito DHT which may help with the firewall to firewall transfer. Is there any estimated time for this as well?

* Is there a way that when bootstraping the phex client, it will find the clients in the local area network. I suppose it would by doing a multicast or broadcast in the network to identify which phex peers are on the same network. This will help in doing downloads faster if the file being wanted to download is within the same network.

* I have found some topics related to this. How would be the best way to manage fake results when these fakes constantly change their host or their sha1 hashcodes?

* Does phex have a limit handling large files?

* Are there any plans on implementing UPnP and NatPMP??