View Single Post
Old April 9th, 2010
Gnutella Admirer

PickaxeFairy is flying high

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukbobboy01 View Post

The lady at my place of work has had another visit from the tech guys, two this time, in order to resolve her problem. If you remember, they got her son's laptop wirelessly connected to her modem but not her main Dell PC.

However, this time two tech guys managed to loose her son's connection without establishing a connection for her main PC, and then throwing some goobledegook over their shoulders they left.

She was so angry that she threatened to go back to dial-up, and to add insult to injury, after phoning the help line, they tried to get her to set up the equipment after three engineers failed.

I asked her to bring in her manuals and the wi-fi connectors to take a look at, from what I could see there was no reason why this equipment failed to work. So I advised her to call in the engineers again (for the last time), get them to move the modem from her upstairs room and install it, with the yellow RJ45 cable, next to her main PC. I also offered to be with her when the engineer paid her a visit.

I can confirm that her modem does work because she was able to connect her (work) Bl@ckberry to it wirelessly without any difficulty whatsoever.

UK Bob
Tech guys - who needs 'em!
I'm assuming she's got everything sorted now?

Had my brand new install today Finally!
Am more than happy, it has to be said....
I really didn't expect such a difference....

One thing that did surprise me though - and that was that the tech bloke actually knew what he was doing!

Whilst I realise it's not necessarily the way forward for everyone - I have to say that I'd have no hesitation in advocating a fresh install if your pc's on the older side, or just getting a bit sluggish....
The difference it's made to me in terms of speed is huge!

A whole lot cheaper too than a new computer

Last edited by PickaxeFairy; April 13th, 2010 at 01:39 PM.