Thread: Features doubts
View Single Post
Old April 10th, 2010
Draketo, small dragon.

arne_bab is a great assister to others; your light through the dark tunnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by zageyiff View Post
What do you mean by download mesh? I haven't heard about it.
The download mesh is an extension to http used by Gnutella. Basically all downloaders and uploaders exchange the sources they know (just like a completely decentral BitTorrent server).

The headers are X-Alt (IPs+ports of other down- and uploaders) and X-NAlt (non working IPs+ports for preventing spam and getting offline nodes out of the mesh).

As soon as you've seen a download going from 5 sources to 400 sources in half a minute, you know its efficiency

Quote:
I took a look at the page you sent. Looks like and interesting program, but how well is it supported?
Sadly it isn’t supported at all. It was implemented on top of LimeWire, but rejected by the limewire team. so it’s only a proof of concept (it worked quite well — at least for the tests I did back then).

This had the potential of stopping spam once and for all, so I thought it might interest you.

Quote:
Actually I've done that it's just that I didn't see anything about it.
I meant my info I wrote above — sorry for not being clearer.

Quote:
We want to use it as a gnutella API. Basically for download audio files and do keyword searches.
That’s great! http://groups.yahoo.com/group/the_gdf/message/23708

If I can do anything to help, please tell me. I’m no Java coder, but I have some background knowledge from supporting Phex users in here and discussing in the_gdf (the Gnutella development forum).

The current discussion in the GDF might also be interesting to you: More intelligent searches via a GGEP extension: "a AND (b OR c)"

the_gdf : The Gnutella Developer Forum (GDF)
Yahoo! Groups

-> put this banner into your own signature! <-
--
Erst im Spiel lebt der Mensch.
Nur ludantaj homoj vivas.
GnuFU.net - Gnutella For Users
Draketo.de - Shortstories, Poems, Music and strange Ideas.