View Single Post
Old May 12th, 2010
Gnutella Jewel

Orange County Ca is flying high
Default frost158

Frost158 my first question is WHY? Something to do with the help you're receiving?

Your only recourse here is to tell the truth and vigoriously appose the fact that you KNOWINGLY downloaded the stuff. The volume you're talking about makes it pretty clear that this was a minute amount of your collection.

This is no time to skimp on lawyer fees.

Meanwhile be prepared for the worst our society is going through a freaky time on this subject and similar subjects. Today parents see a kidnapper behind every bush. If my memory serves me right there were perhaps 12 or 20 - I can't remember - [I]non-family[I] kidnappings in the US last year.

The keys are to strongly deny you had knowledge that there were underage people in the videos - that you never watched them - it was just part of a compulsive act to hoard the images for which you are now under treatment for. Make sure its emphasized that you willingly turned over the CP without altering its content. You had nothing to fear when doing so.

I wish I was on your jury - but my best advise is if you can plead this out to a misdemeanor do so. But of course listen to your attorney and push him to get the charges dropped if possible.

Have you searched the web for a forum for people who have been unjustly charged or overly punished (the lifetime registration as an example)? Do so and see what help is on-line.