View Single Post
Old June 17th, 2010
Apprentice

indreamsiwwu is flying high
Default downloads stop running/not uploading

hello, I am new to this forum. I have been using Limewire for many years and I have a question. The version i have now is 5.5.8. I usually have about 3 or 4 downloads going at a time, but lately I've been having a problem. The downloading doesn't seem to have any stamina anymore. They'll download for about 10 to 20 minutes and then stop (all of them). They are usually torrents, but not always. They're all usually from different sources. The connection strength is still good. The only way to get them going again is to restart limewire. But you can understand how inconvenient that is especially if you have a large file or slow download. I've tried changing my port settings, and it works for awhile, but then starts doing the same thing again. At the same time, nothing seems to be uploading at all. I don't know if these two phenomena are connected, but if anyone out there has any suggestions, it would be most appreciated.

It's possible this is just a Limewire thing. I'll try another service, and see what happens. I'll let you know....