View Single Post
Old May 3rd, 2002
Unregistered

When I first downloaded limewire (version 2.3.4) a week ago it worked okay, I could download files and the speeds were usually good (sometimes). However, now I find that I can rarely download anything, yet my uploads are constantly packed with sending files. Since I am sharing over 900 files (most not downloaded via Limewire), I really resent this.

I have used audiogalaxy for a long time now for music and it has always worked perfectly. Not once have I had a problem with it.

My question is, why would I want to share my 900 plus files, and perhaps those I haven't opted to share (another 4,000 in other directories) when I am getting nothing in return?
The answer is, I won't. It appears to me that if Limewire doesn't correct this, then it will only worsen because people like me who have massive hard drive space to save all these files and a cable modem will not participate in sending when we get nothing in return.

I am about to dump Limewire altogether because of this and the lack of search capability--my searches always take forever and return very few results.

I am happy to share the thousands of files I have if this is fixed. I often leave my computer connected all night and most of the day, but recently I am signing off a lot and shutting Limewire down because all I'm doing is giving everyone else hundreds of files while I get none (seriously, no files in 12 hours--not even a percentage of one when I have over 50 listed to download--that's simply not acceptable).

If not, does anyone know another service I can use that actually works?