View Single Post
Old June 19th, 2010
Valued Member contributor

newbee2 is a great assister to others; your light through the dark tunnel

Thanks uk.Bobby,interesting link,
I don't download music very much,but this would seem to be unimportant,as stated below,in theory.If you dont download or upload copyright material it shouldnt affect yoiu !!
It seems to be affecting me though,unless there is another explanation for my problems ! Have to go the route of proxy? or dynamic ip address I suppose.Any ideas?

At the end of the 12 months there will a review. If illegal downloads do not fall (by at least 70%) Ofcom will be asked to consider whether technical measures - which could include limiting the speed or capacity of an individual's service or temporarily suspending their service - are needed.

In theory, if you do not upload or download copyrighted content, these plans should not affect you. If you do, the government and creative industries hope that these measures will eventually encourage you to use legal services.

It is not yet clear what those "technical solutions" would be though Mr Burnham said they would involve ways to "limit or restrict" file-sharing activity.

We know that ISPs currently use a mix of technical solutions to manage traffic at peak times," he said. "The ISPs already have the technical infrastructure to implement this kind of stuff."

Useful qoutes from the articles I thought,