View Single Post
Old May 3rd, 2002
Gnutella Veteran

Dividend is flying high

Aww geez. Now 2.3.2 is doin it too, with the 200 searches filled in 30 sec thing. After a little more rootin around I found a new verion of Gnucleus. I'll bet there's at least a hundred thousand Morpheus/Gnucleus users trying out their new versions by firing off tons of useless searches. I found it when I noticed in the "vendor" column a "Morpheus PE". Last i checked Gnucleus didn't support 'peers so that must be it. I also think ZoneAlarm is f***ed badly as it reports that 1kb/sec downstram trickle the same as a full speed download, even tho the numbers in ZA's alert panel don't budge. In other lime vesions, ZA was oblivious to ANY activity, so it don't make for a trustworthy source. I get my numbers from window's connection panel.

I haven't been sharing any more files, the same 217 MP3's i've had all week. And certainly not any files that MATCH have those searches (although they have been getting cleaner lately).

Anyway, I do like the fix of the bouncy transfer rates (16k,0k,16k,0k,etc), a very nice touch.

And these be the bars I'm referring to:

They never stay put on restart and can't be chosen with a right-click (only the search bar does that).
Fixing these shall bring world peace.

/Thanx