View Single Post
Old September 23rd, 2010
Novicius

dporgan is flying high
Unhappy New User! May have really messed up using Limewire to download some software

Hello all, new Gnutella member here. I am in a bit of a mess I fear. Recently downloaded to my Netbook (running XP) what i thought was a copy of the ***** software. Yes, yes, i should have know better to do so; but i did and it was not a copy of the software but rather a what may be maliciousware from a company called NetNucleus/Slow2Fast. I believe it launched something in my internet browser, take it over a bit, gather information/data and/or to re-direct my searches. Now GoogleChrome will not even function (all pages i try to open I get an error message) and I may have no way to get to the internet as Internet Explorer appears to have been wiped away.

Has anyone else had this experience? Can anything be done to extract this mess? Any thoughts are appreciated.

Last edited by birdy; September 24th, 2010 at 11:21 PM. Reason: Removing software name