View Single Post
Old September 26th, 2010
Valued Member

ukbobboy01 will become famous soon enough
Default ISPs and their Fair Usage Policy

Noah

I'm on the other side of the Atlantic but what you are experiencing is very similar to what I have gone through with one of the ISPs I used to use.

Unfortunately, you are between a rock and a hard place, your ISP has the monopoly for your area and, as such, can do what they like. And, like most rural areas (I presume you live in a rural area), it is unlikely that any other ISP is going to try and commercially compete with the incumbent company.

As for trying proxy servers, this may work for a while but because your Internet signal will be bouncing all around the US (or the world) you will find your response times slowing down to such an extent that the game may become unplayable.

The only real answer, I'm sorry to say, is by moving to an area where changing ISPs is possible. Right now your current ISP can ignore your complaints and, if they see you as a trouble maker, cut you off because they're a monopoly and don't need or have to compete for your custom.

Sorry.

UK Bob

Last edited by ukbobboy01; September 26th, 2010 at 10:46 PM. Reason: Minor punctuations