View Single Post
Old October 31st, 2010
Disciple

Dubbin is flying high
Default new Netgear router, won't connect (excellent connection on both computers, but it detects a firewall)

i just bought and installed a Netgear wireless router. i have my laptop on wireless, and pc connected through ethernet. i have the latest frostwire versions on both pc and laptop. they worked fine before i installed the router, on both pc and laptop. now with the netgear wireless G-router installed, i get an excellent connection on both computers, but it detects a firewall [brick image in front of the globe on frostwire] what do i do to disable the "brick wall" and get results in frostwire? i get some music results, but nothing compared to before.

1. OS version? Windows 7
2. What firewalls you have? just the new router
3. How much ram? 4gb ram
4. Hard Disk space available? over 400gb
5. Connection type? (eg: dialup, broadband, cable, etc.) dsl
6. Modem & router brand name & model numbers? modem is netopia , and router is netgear wgr614
7. Where are you trying to connect from (home, school, work, etc.) home
8. What version of FrostWire (FW) & Java do you have? FW: 4.21.1 java:1.6.0_22
9. Who is your ISP provider (Internet Service Provider)? Centurylink
10. Are you sharing the connection with other computers or p2p sharing programs? just my pc, and it is experiencing same problems.
11. Is this a your 1st try at FW or is this a new problem with an experienced user. new problem , experienced user
12. Do you see a brick wall in front of the blue world icon at the bottom of FW's interface? YES. ever since installing the netgear wireless router.

again, i had NO PROBLEM whatsoever before getting this router, i would get a brickwall once every now and again, but nothing a quick exit and reboot would fix. but with this, i cant get a connection...i've read threads/topics, googled similar problems, all talk about port forwarding, i tried but it was all too much for me. i got confused...any help, WOULD BE VERY APPRECIATED