View Single Post
Old November 25th, 2010

File_Girl71 has a reputation beyond reputeFile_Girl71 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks ukbobboy01 for you comment about FW...I found the new version 4.21.1 of FW verry suspect, which installed a load of crapp even i say N0 to every thing they offer me...My home page was changed to Ask dot com, and they put what they called "Open Candy" on my pc as well, which is only useless crapp...They also added like LW did a Auto-Update function which can be used to manny other things like ukbobboy01 mention about in his post above!

Quote:
However, I am not aware of FW uploading or distributing itself or anything else without permission and so using my bandwidth for it's own ends. In fact, that's the reason I no longer use LW because the LW org. was using my bandwidth to aid in LW distribution without any form of notification or warning.
I think the new FW 4.21.1 can do this, and i do not like it....The FW 4.20.9 the one i fixed as ukbobboy01 telling about does not have the behavior as shapshifter910 tells us about...I do believe shapeshifter910 tells us about is the reality of the new fw 4.21.1...I also think FW will be the next target for RIAA, they only need to kill LW for good first! I would not be suprised to see if LW ending up like BearShare did, and become a iMesh clone!

PS:Btw LOTR i also notice that folder as shapeshifter910 mention ".netshare", but i think it is not Malware like that...Yes i also noticed the same torrent file called "Four Eyed Monsters" in FW version 4.21.1, but in the version i fixed is this folder not there...

Last edited by File_Girl71; November 25th, 2010 at 08:21 AM. Reason: Added more information to the post!