View Single Post
Old November 26th, 2010
Cat power

Gnutella Forum Troll is flying high

Your site says: No Spyware. No Adware. Guaranteed.

hmm, 'and' what do we call the 'hidden' Netshare & auto-updates, how close is that to spyware and secret manipulation of the person's program & bandwidth.

Looking inside the FW program, how much does it link to hidden remote links. Resembles something I've seen before with another similar program that could be partly remotely controlled.

The FW barbed-wire 'nazi'-like icon say anything. Is that registered too? lol (edit: seems a previous post in another thread vanished.)

If the FW bootstrap server(s) went down, how good would FW be for connecting?

Sleepless' posts speak for themselves for adware so no need for me to add to it. Except the obvious false claims on the FW website. And lack of warnings to users they are actually by default installing a whole bundled package of stuff (adware), not just a simple p2p sharing program. Ask toolbar is adware & to claim FW 100% has no adware is being dishonest when it is being installed by default.

Welcome to Ask Toolbar, we are offering extras in a whole bundled package when you install such as Candy & FrostWire. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by gubatron View Post
As of 4.21.x FrostWire we have now implemented automatic updates via BitTorrent, this way we eat our own food to distribute our technology, we have still not rolled out the first automatic update, this will happen for 4.21.2 once it's ready.
Isn't that also using others bandwidth without them necessarily knowing? Manipulation of their bandwidth.

(I know Vuse/Azureus used to do this, but they are a torrent only program. I think in recent times they may have stopped sharing updates via torrents.)

Last edited by Gnutella Forum Troll; November 26th, 2010 at 09:15 PM.