View Single Post
Old December 22nd, 2010
Apprentice

chefcubby is flying high

I love limewire till it was ordered to shutdown and miss it dearly but there is some confusion i read over versions and pirate edition. I read that dont use 5.5.10 or above ok is it safe to use 5.4.5.0 or do you suggest going with the pirate version? I have used 5.4.5.0 since december i was using 5.2.8.0 when my nephew got a virus from a video download and never try to clean it and i had to restore my hard drive which was a maxtor 120GB and not partitioned so i lost everything so i learned the hard way. After the redo i partitioned to 40GB each and if it did not happen again this time i was safe for i downloaded to a different file on partition E and all was still safe after runing a virus scan and it was gone no C drive to redo this time. Then i went with 5.4.5.0 and have had no issues till i seen the welcome banner this is a legal notice that limewire has been ordered by the courts to stop it's file sharing software. i was like no way but it was true and i hate that. any advice would be helpful