View Single Post
Old December 29th, 2010
Novicius

GaraPatr is a great assister to others; your light through the dark tunnel
Default FireFox 4.0 Beta

Firefox has always been a good browser, converting Internet Explorer users everyday. Addons to the browser making the program more and more useful.

Recently the folks over at Mozilla have introduced Firefox 4.0 Beta to the internet community. Trying the software out I would like to show to you my pros and cons of the program from my experience.

Please note I am using this software with a Windows 7 O/S (64bit).

Pros:
- The beta is faster than previous versions of Firefox, loading 3-6 seconds faster and loads web pages about 2-4 seconds faster.
- The skin on the beta looks similar, which I enjoy, I do not like things all fancy. I like it simple and sleek.
- When you hold your mouse over a link, it displays the link URL on the address bar.

Cons:
- After loading the browser sometimes freezes for about 10 to 30 seconds.
- Bookmarks, History and all other options are all in more sub selections behind one button.
- 90% of the addons are not compatible with the 4.0 beta, especially the bitcomet addon which I favour.
- The stop, reload button is at the end of the address bar.
- Watching videos on YouTube, and scrolling down the page to read the comments the browser glitches and a section of the top of the browser turns white.

Feel free to give your own opinion about the software.