View Single Post
Old May 26th, 2001
lucx

guys...have you tried 1.4b for os x? it requires to delve into the terminal (which i personally like...using unix at work, albeit on a basic level...but nonetheless...i love the command line...a LOT of power in there!)

i haven't tried the os 9.1 version, so i can't really compare...but there doesn't seem to be signs of corruption yet under os x...knock on wood since i've only been running it for about 1/2 hour by now...but i'm downloading an mp3 as we speak...so it doesn't seem that bad at all...still a little slow, being a java app and all ....but quite a bit snappier than furi on os9.1 which i could never find hosts on...limewire for os x finds hosts automatically...real cool

just in case...here are the basic steps to get limewire running in os x from the terminal window (command line)

1. d/l the file
2. open terminal window, and go to path of where file was d/l'ed
3. type "sh LimeWire.sh" (remember...unix is case sensitive)
4. message appears saying "Preparing to install..." (this will take a few minutes ...be patient and let it run...
5. window will appear...choose install folder/path
6. once completed...navigate from command line to LimeWire directory....
7. once in LimeWire directory...type "./LimeWire"
8. again, wait a few minutes...and the nice graphical interface of LimeWire will appear...the application is simply "java" as far as the finder is concerned...

good luck