View Single Post
Old January 25th, 2011
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by crymomma View Post
The right to carry and bear arms is a Conslitution right, and we should be allowed to protect ourself by law in America.

The right to bear arms that protect all other rights under the Conslitutional law in each state in the United States Of America.

Therefore, if the right to bear arms is lost, then all other rights will surly be losts as well.
Then I will arm myself with a nuclear bomb, it's my constitutional right to protect myself from those beings who could be spies from some enemy country. Or perhaps nuclear is not big enough. Perhaps I'll just put a pin hole into the earth & let the air escape.

Well there you go. Perhaps that's the issue. The way the laws are set up. If someone bounces through the window without my realising, I should shoot the bastarrds with a sub-machine gun for giving me a hell of a fright. Throw a grenade or two out the window at their car where their friends are waiting, or better still .. use a rocket-propelled bazooka with plutonium tipped shells.

So where do we draw the line? The way it looks, USA citizens can define that as 'anything' goes for defense. It's "MY RIGHT under the Constitution" to defend myself, my family & my neighbors. Blow the consequences. Laws don't matter. Killing is there for the taking when someone comes into my house uninvited. Any excuse will do. Oh damn party crashers. lol

Thus, looks like the laws are pretty stuffed if the authorities give that permission for people to bear arms at any consequence.

When people arm themselves for self-defense, their invaders will make sure they are more heavily armed. Just goes by logic.

You have been brought up in that moulded society & way of thinking. So you cannot even consider any other possibility. Such as no arms, no guns, nobody possessing guns.

As I suggested, the ridding of weapons out of general society has worked mostly in many countries in the world. The average person does not even think about the concept of guns. Why .. because there's a multiple year jail term for anybody caught with a gun in their possession. Here, same applies to many other weapons, perhaps with lesser punishment depending on the weapon. At the other extreme, a rapid fire gun will gain them bonus jail term & maximum punishment. And that's only for weapon possession. If the person actually had the weapon in their hands in a threatening manner around others, then they could expect bonus charges against them.

The aim? A non-violent society. A non-violent approach to solve issues. Something some people have no idea about because such thinking does not exist in their culture.