View Single Post
Old January 30th, 2011
Disciple

imagejunkie is flying high

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of the Rings View Post
How many hosts are showing as having that file? If it's only one host, then obviously a problematic host. If several hosts in search results beside that blue arrow, I'd be concerned.

I am aware those that usually share mostly or only videos can be difficult to reconnect to, since their upload slots AND bandwidth might be very busy.
Personally, I don't have a great upload bandwidth capacity so when I'm uploading 2-3 videos at one time, others struggle to get other kinds of files from me.

Actually it sort of bugs me when the same host is trying to download 3 to 5+ videos from me at same time. I share over 10,000 files so .. you can probably imagine how this affects others. (if they concentrated on just one or perhaps 2 videos then they'd get reasonable speed & download them in acceptable time.)
Typically 1 host per... I'm almost all vids, looking for and sharing. I used to feel that way about the same host too... but my experience is that it's tough to find a host sharing files I want, and typically they will have multiple files I'd like, so I will indeed click 3 to 5 if they're there.... I certainly don't expect to get the files in a hurry... but I just want to keep track of the source, and make that preliminary connection... As a result, I am more understanding of others doing the same. ...so maybe that's why I am having a problem later on with those files.... Perhaps I should click the 3 to 5, and then pause all but one at a time???

Thanks

d