View Single Post
Old February 9th, 2011
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemonleader View Post
To be honest I never have my uploads on because someone told me to keep them off since the authorities can see that your contributing, is this true, (Is it safe to turn them on?) I know it is only fair to upload since I am downloading. What is the best way to do this? is it just a matter of changing the upload limits and putting files I want to upload into the Limewire folder and that's it?
P2P file-sharing is about .. "Sharing" files. If nobody were sharing their files, there would be no files for anybody to download.

I personally share multiple thousands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemonleader View Post
EDIT!!!: OK I've set my shared folder (Limewire video downloads only) but what if I want to add music files that were not downloaded from LW, do I have to do anything with them 'like put them in a different folder or will Limewire automatically recognise that they are different (yes obviously I think) is it that easy?
For specific file & folder sharing in LW 5, you can simply drag & drop any files or folders onto the Shared List icon near top left side of LW's 'My Files' window. This will then share those specific files or folders.

I've never used the gmail option in LW 5 so I cannot help you there. Someone else will hopefully give you some clues on how to use it.