Thread: Hello
View Single Post
Old March 19th, 2011
Novicius

scribe is a great assister to others; your light through the dark tunnel
Default Hello

Hello everyone and anyone ... I'm a journalist/web designer using an Intel Mac with OS 10.6.6.

I've avoided being ripped off on the web for almost 15 years but a few days ago I was stupid enough to pay $45 to www.limewire-music, which also masquerades under the www.limewiremusic domain.

This bought me access to a password-protected page with three free Mac apps including Limewire 4.12. None of the apps work. The Slimewire Music operators won't respond to emails and their money collectors deny it's got anything to do with them.

Google listed the limewiremusic high in results for the search phrase "limewire", the website looks professional and effectively purports to be the Limewire site, which has been out of action for five months because of legalities. I don't understand how Google can be aiding and abetting what is clear fraud, as I can guarantee that thousands of other people are being conned.

I'm sure this won't be news to anybody on the Gnutella forum but if anybody reading this is yet to download Limewire, be warned. I suggest Mac users download Frostwire, which is free and works perfectly. I just wish I'd know this a couple of days ago.