View Single Post
Old March 23rd, 2011
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

How are you playing back the burnt material? Have you tried different kinds of playback softwares or devices?

What software are you using to edit with? Nero?

Digital cam recorder?

Sometimes a kind of dead spot can occur where recording was stopped. Timecode may become corrupted / distorted at this point. Different playback softwares/hardwares may handle this differently.

In regards to playback on computer, a band organised concert DVD video recording the band refers to an official bootleg video plays back fine using VLC but half way through goes black when played back using my standard computer's DVD player software. I've noticed this on more than one DVD, same artist.

As for blue-ray and using H264 format, there's different variations of the H264 format. I'm aware Nero uses its own version. Nero may struggle to read some other H264 formats that are using developments Nero's H264 decoder cannot handle properly. However I would be surprised a camcorder recording into H264 would use anything different than Nero could handle.