View Single Post
Old April 1st, 2011
Gnutella Admirer

townie2 is flying high
Default only 6 Rolling Stones songs with FW search?

i have a strange one folks, i suspect it's the computer, but would like your opinions please. my Sister got a new lappy at Xmas, her Husband, like a kid at Xmas was popping around various sites throwing caution to the wind, next thing you know, it crashed. they got some half assed weekend tech to fix it, but it hasn't worked the same since. last night they asked for a good music site, so naturally i said Frostwire, and put it on for them, i give it a test, search for Rolling Stones and only 6 songs come up, 2 fakes. next i try Elton John, 5 songs. one strange thing i noticed, there is a quick flash where you can see other songs on the list, but they disappear in a blink, so in the end, it will show like 6/230, but will only show the 6 songs. first i check their settings, all looks well, then i uninstall FW, download and run SuperAntiSpyware, found like 26 adware and trojans, got rid of them, then downloaded and ran MalwareBytes, it found 17 pieces of malware, got rid of them, then download and run FW again, same problem. i come home, try it on my 'puter, hundreds come up for Rolling Stones, same for Elton John, everyone think it's that their computer is screwed up, or could it be a setting in FW I'm missing? i offered to do a full reinstall for them , but their hesitant. thanks for any advise gang