View Single Post
Old May 5th, 2011
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

Hello cynepnana
I'm not sure how fitting, but there is a version of Phex which might fit your needs. For a start, even the regular Phex is often skipped over by ISP's because 'some' ISPs look for & specifically filter particular popularly known programs such as LW. You will need to ask in the Phex forum about I2Phex.

Quote from Wikipedia:
Quote:
... an anonymous version of Phex has been available: I2Phex, which uses the I2p network to hide the IP address of the users of this gnutella client. The future roadmap is to integrate the I2Phex code into one of the next Phex versions.

Rather than use the public IP network, I2Phex uses encrypted tunnels through the I2p privacy/encryption network.

Traffic is mixed with other network traffic through a garlic routing system, making it difficult for outside observers to identify originators or the recipients of a file through traffic analysis.

LimeWire, FrostWire, gtk-gnutella, and Phex all support the use of TLS to encrypt traffic between nodes. TLS is not anonymous like I2P, however, it does prevent ISPs from filtering gnutella content and makes it more difficult to trace traffic.

It is possible to use Phex with SOCKS5 proxy. Using that feature it is possible to route gnutella traffic via Tor and then to Phex. This is possible by using SOCKS5 cascading proxy to Tor client.