View Single Post
Old May 16th, 2011
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by runt66 View Post
Do i reboot the router by just switching my bigpond 2wire modem off and then on ???
Yes. And even better is to leave it off for around a minute.

Is there anybody else in the household who uses LW?

If worse comes to worst, delete the LW preferences folder, uninstall LW, & then reinstall LW LPE. Run it once, then close. Then replace the new Downloads.dat file with one you backed up. LPE seems to work well on clean installs.
LPE installer links are found in post #1 on page 1 of this thread.

References to deleting the LW preferences folder & saving the Downloads.dat file: Windows and MacOSX. On Windows, if you have system settings set to hide file extensions, then the downloads.dat file will simply be called downloads.

If you still have problems after this, then looks like the problem is something else, perhaps the router configuration (or/& home network setup if running a network.) However, BigPond are not the most trustworthy ISP out there, some of their services do have limitations. Especially their radio wireless services.

And on topic of BigPond, if requested by USA's RIAA & their Australian office about file sharing by anybody, they do not respect the persons privacy. USA executives at Telstra sell the company out I guess. Optus have been guilty of this also. iiNet on other hand refuse to give an inch, basically telling them where to go so to speak. lol