Thread: Firefox 4.0
View Single Post
Old June 6th, 2011
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

Is there a way to disable the icons for the Toolbar bookmarks? It crowds my toolbar bookmarks so much there's no space for all the bookmarks to display & forces me to click an arrow to access the other main bookmarks I use. I find this highly annoying. I don't need icons to know what the bookmark is. lol I don't see anything in preferences for disabling the icons. Who wants over-crowded bookmark toolbars?

ie: 3 of my regular toolbar bookmarks require me to press an arrow to access them because there's no horizontal space left to list them with the icons taking up so much space. The Bookmarks menu being on the far right of the Toolbar also steals space. Great for those who don't have many bookmarks listed there, but for me it's almost a necessity for quick access. If I feel miffed enough I'll go back to Safari (since I"m a mac user. BTW I still use both for different purposes. Firefox seems to lack some MacOSX abilities. Lack of research on their part I'm guessing.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoisyHorse View Post
Firefox 4 ... a lot quicker, in my opinion. ...
Not now for me. Seems jagged & crowded toolbars. It's like needing to reach outside the window to find my glass to fill it with wine because the room was too jagged & crowded to place it anywhere else. Good for windows users maybe. More buttons & options that were not needed on the main browser window. All it seems to do is crowd things. There's different names for it. One is am_bience (or lack of it.) One is ergonomics. One is chaos. lol

ie: if the arrangement of the program's tools & options slows me down, then I can hardly call it faster. All it does is make me hesitate, then access something I didn't need to do previously with FF3.