View Single Post
Old June 17th, 2011
Valued Member

ukbobboy01 will become famous soon enough

Guys

While watching the Matrix, sometime ago, this one scene above all else stuck in my mind:

Human beings are a disease

You know, there is a point to this because, as far as I am aware, most failed civilisations of the past have died out because all their natural resources were consumed which, in turn, caused the ecology of the area to change in such a way that life could no longer be sustained.

Don't get me wrong, I do know that some civilisations were destroyed by disease or war, which again was caused because of the need to possess someone else's resources.

And now, in the 21st century, we are still doing the same thing. It is as if, as a species, we have a pathological need to consume everything and destroy the stuff we can't immediately use.

Unfortunately, I don't believe the human race can carry on the way we are going, devouring all our mineral and animal resources, unless we can develop the technology to find and exploit extra terrestrial resources.

After all, there is a vast Universe out there teaming with minerals and who knows what else.

If we as a species are going to survive, and not be destroyed by war, starvation or some yet unknown disease, we must explore and we must find new resources or face the inevitable consequences when the earth has no more resources left to give.

UK Bob