View Single Post
Old June 17th, 2011
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepless View Post
I just think they should rather be thinking about making circumstances better for the animals which provide your food every day. Like pigs and chicken. Those are the really tortured animals.
Maybe in some countries. RSPCA shifts spotlight to ritual slaughter. Australia recently banned live animal exports to Indonesia due to the cruelty found over there before or during the process in abatoirs. A couple years ago, live animal export to some arabian countries was banned for same reason.

From what I recall, the process with whales is somewhat cruel with the animals suffering agonizing pain for considerable periods. Feel free to correct me about that. Not sure if the Japanese, some other countries & your country's methods are different. Part of the uproar about the whales over here is the *lies* the Japanese give for sending whale boats to the South Pole (ie: for scientific research.) Not to mention whale species in question now being in limited numbers compared to previous decades or centuries (in the southern hemisphere.) Difficult to say harpooning is a 'nice' method of capturing an animal before they are eventually killed after agonizing in pain for long periods.

From the article you posted before me, “I wish that Sea Shepherd was here. The killing was not quick and some whales took one to two minutes to die…terrible to watch.” And that's not even in the oceans like the Japanese do it. Those images look like how it was or is done in the far end of Canada or thereabouts that I saw an article about some years back.

(BTW there are equivalent or similar groups to the RSPCA around the world with varying influence with their governments. I know the UK does. Ours have some power to press charges directly against those found guilty of animal cruelty. Our states also have their own specific RSPCA. I've made direct donations & bought support items in support for our state's RSPCA of Vic.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepless View Post
Poor majcia12, who only came here asking about some TV series. I don't know about season 4 but season 3 exists. I sent him/her a PM but they have not been on here for 3 days now. I think we scared them
Totally my fault. But the original question asked was bordering on breaching the forum rules re: discussing about downloading of copyright items. I chose a different & perhaps unorthodox way of handling the situation, which I suspect the rest of you may have realised. It opened up a can of worms it seems lol.