View Single Post
Old July 25th, 2011
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkantos View Post
FFS !! Everytime I try to for a music or video (yes I got the turbo charge thing on and its working) but I get no result for the music/video I'm looking for....
The images you posted in a later post show the search results you received were spam. Anything that says torrent in it is usually spam. And any video below 2 MB is usually spam. Depends how you go about searching & also whether anybody is sharing that particular file or if they are online at the time you are searching for it.

Doing a search, then 5-10 minutes later right-clicking the search tab & choose Find More Results option. Repeat the process 2-3 times. If no good, search again perhaps an hour later. People come & go from the network all the time, so the dynamics of the network change, your later searches may reach persons you couldn't reach initially, or someone with the file you seek may have joined the network. (Both leafs & ultrapeers come & go, the ultrapeers you and they are connected to change over time, so the dynamics of searches change also. The leafs & ultrapeers that your ultrapeers are connected to also change over time, keeping things dynamic.)

Be careful not to over-search using the same search terms. Ultrapeers may consider it as some kind of spam & search results begin getting limited.

If I am searching a video, I usually make 100 MB minimum in the size filter, so all spam is blocked out. A movie video will usually be 500 MB or larger. (4 or 5 MB or more per minute of video length. Thus 120 minutes will be 500 MB or larger.)

Some good tips here How to find music & video

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col. Alpha Male
Howdy, can any one tell me where to get her modified file? The link in her post says file has been removed. I need it for the new computer. Old HD blew up.
It does seem to be missing, File_Girl will get back to you about it.