View Single Post
Old August 28th, 2011
Valued Member

ukbobboy01 will become famous soon enough

Hi Guys

You know, my computer related problems seems very small when compared to Hurricane Irene lashing the US at the moment, though I understand from the BBC that it is abating somewhat.

BBC News - Hurricane Irene pummels New York amid fears of flooding

Anyway, I've installed Acronis True Image WD (Western Digital) Edition and did a back-up to one of my external HDs. And, as Remoc said, it was very easy, once I chose the right setting, and it compressed my 29.5GB of data and stuff from my C:\ drive down to about 20GB.

While doing this, I was installing a Toshiba DVD player I bought in a local super market (Tesco) with my groceries over a year ago (I simply forgot I had it). The manual said it could play all 1 - 6 region code DVD disks (UK = Region 2). But, of course, it could not so I had to spend 15 - 20 minutes looking on the Internet for the necessary code to break my players "region 2 only" electronic blockage. Luckily, other users had come across this problem before and so the code making my player "multi-regional" was readily available.

You see, I have a lot of region 1 (America & Canada) and region 3 DVD disks which, from time to time, I continue to watch. Plus, I do like Toshiba DVD players because their picture quality is always very good, even on their cheapest players.

Anyway, back to my backup problem, I still have to go through the manual to see if there is a way to transfer my "new backup" to recordable DVDs, which is my ultimate goal.

UK Bob