View Single Post
Old September 2nd, 2011
Novicius

Overju is a great assister to others; your light through the dark tunnel
Default Used File_Girl71's Host Patch for LW, Now Certain Websites Don't Work :( Please Help

So I used File_Gir71l's LW Fix following her instructions as seen below the line, and 1 & 2 worked fine the first few times. But today it didn't so I followed 3 & 4 and it worked again. But now some websites don't work, like Gmail, Facebook, etc. Like in Gmail it says the webpage has a redirect loop.

I tried uninstalling LW and removing the host cache in the Limewire folder in the AppData/Roaming folder but to no avail. The sites are still not working, I can't access accounts, I'm just stuck at the front pages or like in gmail can't access at all.

Please Help Me Guys, Some of the websites I can't access are for work

Anyway info about what I use are Windows Vista, DSL speed, the Nov2010 Limewire Version, THANK YOU

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Only for LimeWire version 5.1.x and higher)

How To Do:
-----------------

When you apply the FiX and Patch LimeWire must not be runing at this point.If so shut LimeWire down first!

1.) Extract the content of LimeWire-FiX.rar archive to a easy to remember location like Desktop or My Documents...

2.) Doubble click on LimeWire-FiX.exe and when its done start run LimeWire...In most cases this will work for all of the LimeWire version 5.x.x.(If LimeWire still can not connect to the Gnutella network, try next step!)

3.) Doubble click on Host_Patch.exe and install it...You should have now a new shortcut in Start---->All Programs---->LimeWire---->Host Patch.If so move on to next step...

4.) Again doubble click on LimeWire-FiX.exe and so go to Start---->All Programs---->LimeWire---->Host Patch and click on Host Patch shortcut.Now start up LimeWire and it should connect quit fast to Gnutella network...