View Single Post
Old September 2nd, 2011
Novicius

Overju is a great assister to others; your light through the dark tunnel

Thanks for replying. Anyway, maybe it's windows defender? I'm not sure. I tried system restore yesterday, but it didn't work as well. It just made Limewire disappear but sites were still on a redirect loop.

But a funny thing happened. So I woke up today, and I still can't access some websites like Gmail, Paypal. etc. I'm a Google Chrome user, so I thought lets try Mozilla. And voila I got in the sites. So I thought maybe its a browser problem.

But then I tried Chrome again, and now those sites work again. O_o This is confusing. I noticed though that the brick wall icon on the bottom right is gone at the moment. So maybe it is Windows Defender screwing with me? I don't even remember it being there before. Its too much of a coincidence that it happened exactly after I used the host patch.

Somehow the problem fixed itself? Just as it began it ended without me not knowing what happened. Anyway thank you, you guys, sorry, if it seems I wasted a few secs of your life over nothing, but your replies gave me such relief. I was ready to reformat today. Now I don't have to.

Gonna try to reinstall LW again, hope it doesn't happen again. Hopefully its just some blocker screwing with me like you said. Thanks again guys.