View Single Post
Old September 8th, 2011
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

And yes I'm guessing you are right UKBob. No doubt these senators are getting kick-backs of some kind to "Sell Australia's Privacy". Perhaps the RIAA or similar tried to find some weak links in the government to change our laws and they found a couple of sucks who would be sold on anything they didn't really understand. Australia certainly has been showing a recent trend of idiotic senators in recent years. I guess the average Australian simply chooses an 'alternative' for senator, not realising they are actually doing damage to Australia by doing so. 'Yes men' toward the groups who are known to have money & power. Such patheticism if the senators are so easily sucked in.

Dare I say, Senators from up North (Queenslalnd) are not known for being particularly bright. (Sun-Heat damage to the brain? They tend to wear 10 gallon hats, enough to hold lots of diseased birds nests.)

I guess "Joh" Bjelke-Petersen (A hard-handed & corrupt Queensland Premier - longest ever serving premier of that state) set the example of dictatorship & stupidism. The entirety of Australia simply laughed their heads off when Joh tried to run for Federal parliament (of course he failed miserably.)

(I'd be curious to hear wondering why's views, but since she hasn't been around. But I do recall her saying about not being happy about local politicians.)