View Single Post
Old September 8th, 2011
Valued Member

Blackhorse 70V is a great assister to others; your light through the dark tunnel

Most politicians began their careers before social networks became popular. They have had staff who handle their e-mail and know how to traverse the collection of "tubes" that form the "internets" (according to GW Bush). The smart ones are those who stay away from that stuff lest they get into trouble, like so many of our politicians who have been busted for their internet/texting/sexting behaviors.

Election campaigns have become too expensive; keeping the job is more about continuing contributions for re-election than in doing the right thing for the electorate. It is often said, in politics, "Ya dance with the one who brung ya".

In the US, $ = Speech. The fatter your wallet, the louder your voice, thanks to our Supreme Court (catchy name, eh?). Corporations = People; another asinine rule from the kangaroos on the Bench. (Is "kangaroo court" an Aussie term?) So now, multinationals (i.e., Sony, BP, Monsanto...) can contribute virtually unlimited sums to the candidates of their choice, (including opponent candidates - so they'll own whomever wins), and can do so anonymously. Our government is "of/by/for the people" (with the fattest wallets).

The middle class is being ripped off and the poor are blamed. Likely to get worse before it gets better. Shoot, I'm so depressed I forgot my point.