View Single Post
Old November 19th, 2011
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

I keep getting promoted either directly after starting up or an hour or so later. I guess it was just one of those times you were not promoted for some odd reason. Perhaps lots of ultrapeers already in your region. I started up several times over past 24 hours, due to crashes lol. Stupid java memory keeps running out. (But all times started up as a UP over past 24 hrs at least.)

The longer you are connected, the better your chances of promotion to ultrapeer. After an hour or two, drop the longest connected one or two ultrapeers from your connection, this may be the catalyst for you becoming one yourself. Though often LW does it by itself (a little haphazardly on odd occasioins I notice.)

Just check to be sure in the advanced window it does not say you are firewalled. I find after a very long session or sometimes after starting up, it says I'm firewalled. I restart & all is fine. In some cases, I suspect this is a java overload of communications that disrupts the communications with the router's UPnP. LW 5 has lots more behind the scene java talk happening than earlier versions of LW. I did mention that as an issue in a previous post of this thread that I updated a few times (post #174, p18.)