View Single Post
Old April 14th, 2012
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of the Rings View Post
If you have not used LW for 30 or more days, you will have major problems connecting. Unfortunately this is how LW 5 was designed, to delete the connection file upon opening if the connection file is a month or more old. Back then, LW had bootstrap servers which helped with connections, but they were turned off around October 2010.
I have created a fix for MacOSX users of LimeWire 5 or Pirate Edition. The script application is called LimeStart. This program will change the connection file's date and then launch LimeWire. LimeStart should be used to open LW instead of opening LW directly. LimeStart is only 140 KB in size, compared to LW at 75 MB so it's only a small script and closes by itself as LW opens (LimeStart closes within less than a second.) LimeStart is a Universal 32 + 64 bit compatible app. for both intel and non-intel macs. Just as in same way LW 5/LPE is.

For any Mac OSX users out there interested, I will post links to LimeStart as soon as I do a french translated version of the LimeStart installer with vosgpat translating.

Edit: you can find a copy of LimeStart at the MacOSX or LW Pirate Edition links at the iFileIt site on page 1, or attached here.
Alternatively find a copy at 3rd party hosting site MediaFire here.

LimeStart will act as an insurance against the above behaviour of LW should you not use LW for a month or two (or longer.)

Last edited by Lord of the Rings; September 20th, 2012 at 03:05 PM. Reason: Edited the LimeStart link, updated it to fix minor bug in the installer that nobody would have noticed