View Single Post
Old April 21st, 2012
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

There's lots of Taiwan hosts that spam or ping, but their numbers seem wide and varied. I do not know if there are centres set up there to spam or if these are proxies. Taiwan hosts are also guilty of DDoS attacks.

Quebec addresses also seem prolific for spam.

Japan has a healthy gnutella community, but it also has a large share of hosts set to either spam, research people's shares robotically, or try to fill up all your upload slots for days on end. Usually choosing your largest files or largest collections of files to download. It seems 99% of Japan's overall ip addresses below the 200.?.?.? range are static.

At least from my locale, Japan seems to represent 35-50+% of all spam. 80+% of robotic browses, and 80+% of attempted upload slot containment attempts. But I am sure people from USA and Europe get different results.

I'll leave the post at this point without commenting about USA, Europe (France and Germany in particular) and the proxy ip addresses used from world-wide for spam purposes.

BTW the previous post was more than a week after I had tried an experiment with banning over 80% of Japan. Yes spam definitely dropped considerably. Who knows, maybe this triggered an onslaught against me. Or perhaps MediaDefender and related companies have stepped up the tempo and ferocity of their war.