View Single Post
Old June 16th, 2012
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

The gnutella user population is not as big as what it once was, but it's still large. There are companies that both spam search results and use other techniques. Advice might be worth blocking out those listed, but the Hostiles document itself does not work with any LW 5 version. I used LPE last night and was getting good search results, far better than the previous day which was quite poor. I was connected as an ultrapeer last night.

All LW 4 versions seem to work under Java 7. I tested on both Windows XP and Windows 7.

AFAIK LW 4.18 and upward were all 64-bit and 32-bit compatible. I cannot remember about 4.16. If an old app like BearShare 5 from 2005 and Gnucleus from 2004 can run on Windows 7, then I would guess the above LW versions should run on Windows 8 onward. Presumably Java will keep the same abilities for its later versions, if not then a variant of LW would need to be recompiled in a later Java.

I sent File_Girl71 a PM after I posted yesterday and pointed to this thread. But you can also if you wish.

File_Girl71's 4Shared link seems to work fine for me, but you need to be a member of 4Shared to download using their services. Use the blue Download Now button, not the green one that downloads their desktop program. Then wait 20 seconds before the free download option appears. iFileIt the alternative link, is a free service and no membership required but you need to disable your browser's adblock if you use one for the iFileit site. If a free member of iFileIt there's no wait time and no reCAPTCHA test which was put in place to throw off bots.

About notifications: you can also manually subscribe to threads using the Thread Tools drop down menu at top of the thread. The default is to be subscribed to threads you create yourself or threads you post to. But Birdy explained about the email notifications; there's a separate option for email notifications to threads and another for private messages lower down on same option window.

If I were aware of someone else who had the java programming skills, the interest and the time, I'd be nagging them. lol
I would not dare to ask either of the Phex devs to help.