View Single Post
Old July 16th, 2012
Novicius

aerin is a great assister to others; your light through the dark tunnel

I have uninstalled Java, went to their site, downloaded the offline versions of Java and installed them again (I am familiar with it because Minecraft uses it), set them to "Run as administrator" and installed. Also did the same with the LimeWire file, (F_G's recommended edition), set to run as administrator.

Once I open LW after the .jar fix it still gives me the error, exactly the same one on startup. However it says it connects now, and I can search for things, it gives me options (along with the junk files that are obvious..), I click on it and it starts downloading, and says it does indeed download and finishes. I can even play it in the built-in player, and the whole song plays. But when I go and look for it in the directory, its not there..I right click the file and "Show on disk" and it says it cannot be found. Also when I try and change the directory to something other than the default, the settings screen freezes and doesn't allow me to click OK or to close the window, and I cannot click on anything else, so I have to end it in the task manager.

So..its like almost there, I have a connection, but it's apparently not saving the file on the disk, but yet I can still play it

EDIT: I can however right click the file when searching and select "Download as.." and save the file where I want, and it actually downloads. But I don't exactly want to find the directory every time, if I don't have to x_x
Attached Thumbnails
Limewire 5.6.2(pirate edition) and java 1.7-lwscreen1.png  

Last edited by aerin; July 16th, 2012 at 08:35 PM.