View Single Post
Old July 18th, 2012
Novicius

aerin is a great assister to others; your light through the dark tunnel

Ok, I have made sure anything in my Windows firewall and my Kaspersky PURE firewall is allowing LW through, and have accepted any notices that have popped up. The settings window is still a problem for me though. It is not the settings window itself that gives me problems, when I open options, click on the transfer tab, and click on browse (for the save to one folder option, or for the save different categories option) it freezes up after i select the folder or even press cancel. I've checked my roaming folder and there is no LW folder there at all to be deleted...which makes me think that, that might be a part of the problem...but that that's just a guess. But since there are important files in there apparently, it would make sense to have a folder there.

I have also blocked the ip addresses that are listed in your link either with my router's firewall (apparently only had space for like 11 or 12) and the Kaspersky PURE firewall, which I blocked all of them (I think I did...but PURE's interface isn't exactly straightforward when trying to block IP addresses), so hopefully that won't be an issue from now on.

So at the moment, I can download most things, but occasionally there are searches that are only available from the uploaders MagicMushroom 7-*, and I cannot download any of them. But most searches are fine.

In any case, I know that this has kind of strayed some from the Java mess of things and into common connection problems, but thanks for the help and the quick replies! ^^

*picture -
Attached Thumbnails
Limewire 5.6.2(pirate edition) and java 1.7-magicmushroom.png   Limewire 5.6.2(pirate edition) and java 1.7-browsemagic.png  

Last edited by aerin; July 18th, 2012 at 09:48 PM.