View Single Post
Old July 18th, 2012
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerin View Post
... The settings window is still a problem for me though. It is not the settings window itself that gives me problems, when I open options, click on the transfer tab, and click on browse (for the save to one folder option, or for the save different categories option) it freezes up after i select the folder or even press cancel. I've checked my roaming folder and there is no LW folder there at all to be deleted...which makes me think that, that might be a part of the problem...
1. Are you able to change any other settings options? Try!

Did you try to find the LW preferences folder via (a) a 'search' or (b) via manually opening the App data and then Roaming folder?
Keep in mind you will not find the LW preferences folder unless you have the View options set to *Show* 'Hidden Files and Folders'.

I had a similar issue on MacOSX with LW 4, which is one reason why I stopped using it, I have no idea why the preferences (options) suddenly stopped even showing in the menu bar. I had to access it via a backdoor (via the shares window.) But some of my settings would not save.

If you cannot eventually find your preferences folder then ...

2. Here's something to try. Whilst LW is closed, right-click the program or it's shortcut and change compatibility mode. Try what's there, be it Windows XP or earlier, etc. This sometimes for some odd reason fixes issues like you are having with the freezing.