View Single Post
Old July 26th, 2012
Enthusiast

brianko722 is flying high

UPDATE Re: Scroll button on LW 4.18.8 results window pane:

The scroll button is there. However, as each line of searches forms at the top of the interface with the more searches you run - by the time you reach 6 lines of searches (+/- 40 searches at once) - you have to minimize the downloads (in progress) window pane at the bottom to be able to scroll down to the bottom in each results pane. Once you've run enough searches at once to create 7 lines or more of searches at the top, you can still scroll in your individual results panes, but NOT all the way down to the bottom anymore. No matter what you do, or how you try to expand the LW interface, your results at the bottom run off the screen and are not visible. It appears there is a limit to how long the results pane window is vertically, so the more searches you're running at once that take up lines of space at the top, the less room is left for each results pane to show all of the results down at the bottom anymore. Another oddity is that, once you’re running 10 or 11 lines of searches at the top at once, some results panes have the scroll button, but others don’t, yet the results at the bottom still run off and aren’t visible nevertheless. I’m guessing that, because the results pane may have this certain preset vertical size limit, some results still don’t run down to the bottom of this limit, so a scroll button does not appear, even through you can’t see the results at the bottom, while others do surpass this size limit, so even though you can’t see the results at the bottom in them either, a scroll button appears anyway, but you still can’t scroll to the bottom nevertheless. I haven’t run into this problem with the downloads window pane (so far, at least). I can scroll to the bottom of multiple downloads in progress at once without reaching a point where I can’t see the downloads at the bottom of the pane anymore.

I don’t believe these things are a problem with the LW Pirate Edition (LPE) v.5.6.2, but I want to be able to install whatever the newest Java JRE is without running into problems with LW, so I’m not running LPE 5.6.2, or any other LW version 5. Again, however, if anyone is aware of a useable version of LW other than v4.18.8, that will run with whatever newest versions of Java JRE are that come out, where this scroll button in the search window pane, and that pane’s vertical height size aren’t problems, as outlined here, please let me know so I can try it on my windows xp machine. Thanks.