View Single Post
Old August 19th, 2012
Apprentice

F.M.D. is a great assister to others; your light through the dark tunnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of the Rings View Post
Glad to hear your downloads have started again, or some. I don't know what might cause the freezing. Sounds like either a memory or cpu issue. If you are using Vista or Windows 7, Java should be set to Run as Administrator. This seems to help LW to behave better and connect more easily.
Can you tell me how do you exactly run Java as adminstrator?

Quote:
5 Ultrapeers is standard for being in Leaf mode. The original LW Basic only connected to 3 U.P.'s and Pro to 5. Only if you are running as an ultrapeer will you connect to more U.P.'s ... standard when running in U.P. mode is 32 U.P.'s and perhaps 40 Leafs. But you will never obtain that status if your LW says you are behind a firewall.

Chances are your router needs port forwarding. If UPnP is not working, ie: LW communicates with the router and requests a port to be opened temporarily whilst LW is running. Your router may not have UPnP or not very good UPnP, or else, you have not enabled UPnP in your router settings. Some routers/modems have UPnP enabled by default, some you need to manually turn on. If you wanted to solve that side of it, then log into your router and see if there is a UPnP option. It will probably be under the Firewall heading. Otherwise, port forwarding is the alternative.
Ok I have a Thomson router and i've found the UPnP option (it wasn't under firewall heading but under advanced). The UPnP wasn't enabled so i have done that. But shouldn't my status change now, because LW still says that im in leaf mode and behind a firewall? And it doesn't look like im getting more U.P.'s. Also my Leaves connections are always at zero! Only the one which is called 'connecting' is often in large numbers. At the moment it's 2 ultrapeers and 9 connecting ones.

Last edited by F.M.D.; August 19th, 2012 at 01:14 PM.