View Single Post
Old August 21st, 2012
Enthusiast

brianko722 is flying high

Thanks for this info., Lord. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but programs such as LW are referred to as "clients", yes? Let's see if I can get to the heart of it as a layperson here. I realize I may be dreaming as far as finding a client that can do these things, but my priorities are:

(1) A client that pulls from the broadest range of sources available "out there" on the internet, over-and-above from other LW/FW users, whenever running a search for anything.
(2) Automatically finding, and re-establishing a connection with (each time the client is reopened) sources so as to make it possible to download files completely.
(3) Effectively resuming & completing downloads already in-progress from previous sessions, no matter how many times the client is reopened.
(4) Saving searches run, and the results from them again, session to session, so new searches don't have to be run each time you reopen the client (you can, of course, still run new searches each time, if you wish).
(5) No built-in limits, e.g., as mentioned before about LW v4.18.8 where there is a vertical size limit to the search results window pane.

Also, a question about LW's "Out-Of-Band" searching checkbox option: Does OOB searching cause LW to look elsewhere than other LW/FW users to pull in search results?

Ultimately, is there a program/client currently available that offers the 5 priorities I listed above - all in one? If not, which one is THE client that offers the most among them, and, which ones does it offer?

Thanks for any clarity you can offer, and for any input anyone else on the forum might contribute.