View Single Post
Old May 15th, 2002
Novicius

eronca is flying high
Question Finding movie sites, etc.

I just visited a site called edonkey2000.com and nexis.com along with a number of links through those. They provide "peer to peer" hosting of movies and related downloads. I am very new at this, especially getting into video and movies. Someone was even advertising a copy of the new release movie "Spiderman" that is now out in theatre. I tried everything I could to download anything from those sites, it always came back "this server not authorized to handle this type of protocol". Everything on those sites seemed to be windows related, or possibly OS X for mac, which I don't have yet. Are there other sites similar to those that anyone knows of that can be accessed with and are compatible with a mac OS 9. I don't understand what peer to peer is or much of the terminology they were using on the site, but the movies that they were advertising free to download were all first run and if they aren't illegal to do so, I would like to be able to download then onto my mac G-4. Does anyone have any experience with these sites? I have downloaded all of the DivX codecs and players for free from there including the newest QuickTime convertors, yet, nothing will play.. Any help or advice about eDonkey2000.com and it's related sites would be sincerely appreciated.