View Single Post
Old September 19th, 2012
Gnutella Veteran

sleepybear91 is flying high

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of the Rings View Post
Not for me, it's around 53 KB and has LimeWire-FiX.exe inside which is about 70 KB after unzipping. I just downloaded and checked.
Oh I just realised, because i zipped it on my mac you will get a MACOSX folder inside. Ignore that folder. The LimeWire-FiX.exe file will be beside it after unzipping. I don't see the OSX folder on my Mac, only if I unzip it on Windows.

It's just easier for me to zip on my mac. Easy and quick, as the zipper is built into the system.

What LimeWire-FiX will do is help prevent LW deleting your connection file if LW has not been used for 30+ days.
Thanks LOR. Unfortunately I am running windows and after 6 download and extraction attempts I am getting a win rar diagnostic message saying:
! C:\Users\pc\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Tempor ary Internet Files\Low\Content.IE5\Y1QSOMLQ\LimeWire-FiX2[2].zip: The archive is either in unknown format or damaged
! C:\Users\pc\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Tempor ary Internet Files\Low\Content.IE5\Y1QSOMLQ\LimeWire-FiX2[2].zip: Unexpected end of archive
! C:\Users\pc\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Tempor ary Internet Files\Low\Content.IE5\Y1QSOMLQ\LimeWire-FiX2[2].zip: The archive is either in unknown format or damaged