View Single Post
Old September 22nd, 2012
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by runt66 View Post
My limewire 5.6.2. Wont connect to the internet ;

when i right click on limewire and click on open file location i get this message ; a fatal error has been detected by the java runtime environment ;
exception access violation ;
what should i try next ????
Which version of Java are you using? And which Windows version?

Might be an idea to uninstall LW and try re-installing. Also set Java to 'Run as Administrator' if using either Vista or Windows 7 (or later.) You can achieve that by finding the Java.exe file and right-clicking and choosing the option. Otherwise reinstall the Java with the Java installer set to 'Run as Administrator'.

You can also set LW to 'Run as Administrator'. This was usually recommended for Vista, so might be helpful for Windows 7 (or later) also. One way was to set the LW installer to 'Run as Admin.'

If same problem, try changing LW's compatibility mode by right-clicking the LW shortcut and choosing Properties. Perhaps change to XP or something similar. Depends on which Windows you are using.