View Single Post
Old November 16th, 2012
Enthusiast

brianko722 is flying high

Thanks for replying, Lord. Magically, of course right after I put up my post about this yesterday, I opened LW again and it connects now. It's fully connected as I write this. So, no idea what the issue was with it. But, so I know a little more here: What are ConnectFix installers, where do you get them, and how do they work? What does disabling TLS, and either of the other checkboxes under that option, do? Also, I continue to have OOB searching enabled at your suggestion. I assume that provides for locating a broader range of sources that you can connect to when running searches? The main issue I'm frustrated about is that LW 4.18.8 will practically NEVER resume a download in-progress after you close LW down for any reason while that download remains incomplete. This applies to any download, no matter how much of it has already come in. With LW Pirate Edition which, unless it's changed, won't run right using the new Java 7 RTE, running new, related searches jumpstarted some downloads into resuming before. LW 4.18.8 just doesn't seem to be helped along to complete its downloads no matter what. There has been stuff that's incomplete that I'd really like to have finish and save. Any other ideas - from you or anyone else - about how to resume incompletes? Any further news about LPE being able to run with Java 7 and newer JRE's yet? Thanks again.