View Single Post
Old November 17th, 2012
Enthusiast

brianko722 is flying high

It sounds like 4.16.6 should be avoided (buggy) for 4.14 or 4.16.7 instead, but sounds like you haven't had the opportunity yet to give 4.16.7 a try personally. LPE, and all version 5's, is out for me as I'm not interested in hassling with workarounds for the Java 7 incompatibility problem. I think, unless you have more to say about choosing between version 4's, especially when it comes to resuming incomplete downloads when shutting down and starting up my PC each time, I'll go with 4.14, especially given it jumps right into UP mode on startup. It sounds like going for a version older than that would not work out, as well as anything newer than 4.16.7. Per your experiences, I'll leave UP and OOB enabled. Will consider disabling TLS only if connectivity issues come up. I thought all the ".exe" installers for older versions of LW were available on the Gnutella archived-versions webpage. You should be able to get 4.14's installer file from there, if you too would like to run 4.14 instead 4.16. Thanks again. Your responses are both very helpful and educational, especially since the webpages that used to exist for LW are closed down now, so there is no educating oneself that way.